Sunday, November 16, 2008

What to expect

I'm at a point in my life where I don't know whats going to happen, I don't know who I am or where I'm going. I don't know why I'm in school I'm just in school All I know is that I love me, but I want to be a better me. I'm tired of struggling with my weight and being told that I have to lose weight, I LOVE WHO I AM!!!!! I always have and I am not trying to be smaller but healthier. I'm tired of struggling with my hair I can grow my hair out. I will grow my hair out I'm tired of being labeled and told things about my body. It's my body. God said it's his temple so with the help of God I can be whoever I want to be I will be whoever I want to be. I want to be a better me. I started this blog as a promise to myself to change. I will try to post something every two weeks. It wont be as personal as my myspace or livejournal. This is about my hair journey and about my journey for a better me. 

This is my hair about a week after my relaxer towards the last two weeks of september 2008. I also got my hair cut again my hair is normally chin length I got it cut because it was beyond overprocessed. I started going to a great hair stylist and as of right now my hair is healthy.
This is me now I took this photo two nights ago I got these braids three weeks ago. I haven't had a relaxer in about 9 weeks. I want to try and go 4 months. I know some people have a hard time wearing braids. but braids have never damaged my hair. Braids make my hair grow as long as I keep them moisturized. these are box braids I have never gotten micro braids. Right now I have a little under a half and inch of new growth 3 weeks into my braids. 
 
I would love to go natural but I just don't have the self esteem to do so. Right now I'm going to try and grow my hair and keep it relaxed it is possible I'm going to try and only get a relaxer three times a year. and see if I can slowly stop. I plan on taking my braids out when I go home for christmas break around the third week of December. 



No comments: